Thursday, January 24, 2013

Eatin more and feeling better...

Alrighty, you ready for day two of the Standard Process Cleanse.

So today I resolved to eat more so I didn't want to kill, eat and bury everyone I came in contact with, which happened at like 4pm yesterday. I was so calorie starved.  Not really how I roll, when people tell me they "forgot to eat today," for me that would be like "forgetting to breathe." Me love to eat.

I am gonna keep this down and dirty.  Literally dirty, the beets we bought at Earthfare were so incredibly covered in dirt, which as I type this I am realizing I paid for dirt. Damnit.

Breakfast



Green Smoothie (Breakfast of Hippy Champions)
2 scoops of hemp protein
19 blades of wheatgrass (I never thought I would put wheatgrass in anything and I am still not sure what is good for, but we bought some at the Dekalb Farmer's market)
 5 1/2 dandelion greens ( I mean where do you get these? Well I found them and I am not telling you. But you could probably find them in a powercut somewhere)
Handfull of spinach
1/2 cup of pineapple
2 dates for sweetness and cuteness
2 tbsps of parsely because apparently that stuff is all about detox
Blend that junk.

Second Breakfast (Secondzies)
I told you I don't forget to eat.

Saladtown
Enough various greens to fill the bowl (figure it out)
Chopped red Cabbage
Minced red onion
Blueberries
Dressing (Hemp oil, lime juice, salt pepper)
Nutrional Yeast on top (Do it, don't look at me like that)
Put it all in a bowl.









I remembered to take a picture halfway through
This was so good.  
Lunch

Carrot Ginger Apple Soup
It's like should I write the recipe down?
Carrots, Ginger, Apple
HAHAHAHHA
There is some other stuff
1/2 and onion
1 clove garlic
Water (but you could use veggie broth)

In a soup pot, saute the onion then add garlic, apparently that is the order of sauteeing because that is what ALL the cookbooks say.
Then chop the rest of the stuff up and put it in the pot and then boil that junk.  After the carrots are soft, turn off the heat and let it cool.  Once cool enough put in food processor or blender.



Second Lunch Protein Powder
To keep the beast happy. 
2 cups coconut milk
1 scoop vega vanilla protien powder

Dinner 

Roasted Broccoli with Avocado Pesto
Repeat from last night

Spinach Lentil Fennel Soup
It looks like baby diarrhea but it tastes better.

I used this vegetarian times recipe without the wine.
Side note: My neighbor saw me outside picking some Thyme and was like what are you doing? I said making fennel spinach and lentil soup.  Which suddenly sounded weird and hippy and earthy so I acted cool and was like it will probably be gross. But this was actually pretty good. 

 




Avocado Chutney
I happened upon this woman's blog while looking for recipes.  This will be on repeat after the cleanse. So delicious.


Dessert
I made banana "ice cream" by accident. I mean, it was delicious.  When dairy queen is closed, you should have this.

Banana Ice Cream
Frozen Banana (I didn't have enough so I added regular banana, which is why I added the ice, but I think you should add both)
"Do you want a frozen banana?" "No, but I want a regular banana later, so .... yeah." Mitch Hedberg
1 cup coconut milk
1 scoop Vega vanilla protein powder
1 cup of ice

Alright party people, let's talk tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment